Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Soooo, nearly a month later

It's been almost a month since I last wrote something... I've been working on getting my life under control, doing homework and research, and making sure I don't turn into my research project.

Had a run-in with Mo's sister, Saint Betty the Bitch, today. The girl pitched a fit because we were doing laundry and she needed to for a trip she and her twink of a husband are taking tomorrow. They're going to Seattle. I'm sitting here thinking, if they have enough money to go to Seattle for a week (and buy the entire inventory of Express and Buckle), they have enough money to move out... but I am going to Greece and Turkey in May for school, so maybe I shouldn't talk. Then again, it is a research trip for school and not a vacation. *sigh*

I found myself stalker-webbing Ellie McLonglip again a few minutes ago. I don't know why I feel the need to do it, but it does have the positive outcome of making me appreciate the relationship Mo and I have. It's unfailing, works every time. Maybe I should start doing that when Mo and I fight... just kidding. We manage to pull out of our arguments on our own just fine, and I think it should stay that way.

I've been working on being less codependent. Efforts have included activities such as going to a water aerobics class, swimming laps on my own, the occasional ice skating rink visit, therapy, reading a book on codependency, and applying for a job at a vet's office. The job is the most menial and stinky, being a "kennel tech" position, but I need a part-time job that I'm qualified for. And, having been a kennel tech for three months as a teen, plus having lived with cats and dogs all my life, I'm qualified. I have an interview tomorrow, and I'm a bit nervous, mostly because I'm worried I won't be able to handle a job with 4 upper division classes and research projects due soon. A positive thing about school is...

IT'S ALMOST OVER!
I'll be finished with classes soon, and then all I'll have left is Greece and Turkey, plus prepatory research, journaling during the trip, polishing of that journal after the trip, and writing a 15-page research paper. But there will be no more classes to attend as of June 1. I'll be spending my time working, finishing up Greece-Turkey materials, prepping for the GRE, taking the GRE, learning Russian, and applying to grad school thereafter. I'll also spend that time working out kinks in my life after that, too. It should be a productive year.

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting, I wish I could get into and through school.

    Don't worry about Ellie, I talked to her, and she'd be happy to meet you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh. Don't worry about talking to her. I'd rather just rant on here and not have her know about what I'm thinking.

    How much have you told her exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just that you want to meet her, and that people keep comparing the two of you. I told her that you were both unique people, that just had things in common. That was about it.

    ReplyDelete