Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 17, 2010

Interviews and Armageddon

Well, I think the interview went well. I won't know until next week, though. I hope to receive a phone call for a secondary interview. I always hate it when they're done with the interrogation and say, "Do you have any questions for me?"

*cricket*

"Not yet," always answer, "but I am certain that if you choose to select me for the position, I will have many questions as I begin to work." I'm pretty flexible. I'm rarely concerned with things like, "How many people will I work with?" or "Will I have my own cubicle?"All I really wanted to know was, "how many hours a week?" and she answered the question before I even had to ask. I'll talk about salary, etc. if they offer me the position.

In other news, the apocolypse came to Richmond on Thursday. Everybody rushed from their homes as soon as they received word of the impending doom. They bought gas, milk, bread, all the necessary provisions for the Ice Age that rapidly encroached into the city limits. Work was canceled, and many people spent the entire day in their homes, not daring to venture out into the ice-cold, wintery death zone into which the city had metamorphosed.

I, myself, crocheted a hat for Mo and watched out the window as the snow grew to a massive height of four inches. I also watched the squirrel who chills on our back porch sit in his tree with his tail over his head like a canopy. Mo calls it the Squirrel Umbrella. It was adorable.

1 comment: