Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 22, 2010

List of Things Sophia Should Not Do At Work

Accompanied by ways to improve the situation:

1. What I should not do:
Even if the person on the other end is joking about everybody in my office being asleep, I should not joke back, especially not saying that boss is not yet in, so maybe he IS still asleep. Chances are that it isn't the person I think it is on the other end. Luckily, even though it wasn't the geologist like I thought, the members of the company have a joking relationship with the person it actually was, so my little faux pas won't make my boss look bad. *whew* But just in case...

What I should do next time:
Just don't do it. If my boss is not there yet, I should just say that I don't know where he is, but he should be in anytime. Or maybe ask the accountant where is prior to receiving phone calls. Today he was at a funeral. I'm trying not to beat myself up about this.

2. What I should not do:
One word--Facebook. I'm really bad with this. When I have nothing to do at work, I get on Facebook.

What I should do next time:
I should just read a book, or bring an article from home. It looks better, despite the fact that it's relatively the same thing--not working at work.

3. What I should not do:
Texting. I'm bad with this, too, when things are slow. Even though the accountant makes personal phone calls at work, I still feel like the secretary should not be doing personal communication. Usually it's only for important things with Mo, but still...

What I should do next time:
Bring my phone with me to the bathroom and text while on the toilet. Multi-tasking, baby.

4. What I should not do:
Blogging. I'm doing it right now. At work. I'm justifying it because this blog is an analysis of my behavior at work.

What I should do next time:
Same as #3.

5. What I should not do:
IM people from the BDSM community when I have a Yahoo email window open. You know how it has a chat built into the window like GMail? Yeah.

What I should do next time:
Just resist the urge to talk to the guy. He usually just provokes me with some idiotic comment anyway. Resist the urge to prove his idiocy to him. He's not smart enough to notice that's what I'm doing anyway.


What I should always do is....

Just stay off the internet. Period. Then again, maybe I'm being too hard on myself. Don't a lot of people dick around on the computer while working desk jobs?

1 comment: