Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sophia has a bit of a social problem

Ok. I'm coming out with it. I have a problem. What is this problem?

Over-answering.

Whenever somebody asks me a question and a simple, polite response would be perfectly adequate, dare I say completely appropriate, I go on and on, eventually providing them with WAY too much information. In run-on sentences. Par example:

The way things ought to go...
Dance Teacher: There's a bandage on your foot. What happened? Everything ok?

Normal Person: I stepped on something in the shower, but it's mostly healed, so I can dance.

The way things go in Sophia's Universe...
Dance Teacher: Sophia, you've got a bandage on your foot. What happened? Everything ok?

Sophia: Oh yeah, it's fine. The drain in my shower sometimes gets out of place, and there are prongs on the underside. I kind of stepped on one of the prongs and cut my foot. It bled a lot, but it's healed pretty quickly because the prong went in at an angle, so the cut wasn't that deep. I'll be fine to dance. It shouldn't bleed through the bandage or anything.

Gods of Embarassment and Social Chaos: 10
Sophia: -3,458

Socially awkward Sophia strikes again!

1 comment:

  1. Sophie, this is hilarious. I love it! And I love your over-answers. They are usually very interesing. Plus, people can always practice their listening skills can't they? :)
    Oh, and I'm thinking about starting a competition with the Gods of Embarrassment and Chaos as well. :p

    ReplyDelete