Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Afraid of the Dark

My mind has been playing tricks on me all evening. I went to petsmart tonight to gawk at all the cats I can't have. On my way back out to the car, I thought I saw somebody sitting in my driver's seat. The image lasted less than a second. Within that portion of a second, the first thought that occurred to me was, "Mommy." Not like, "Help me, Mommy." More like, "It's Mommy."

Yeah, I still call my mother "Mommy." Don't be hatin.

So, I got in the car, locked my door and placed a quick call to my parents. It's two hours later there, so they were a little agitated at the lateness of my phone call. They're alive, which is good. But the whole thing still makes me nervous.

Then, on the drive home, I stopped at a light, and the car in the other lane stopped in my blind spot. I had this image of somebody in that car pointing a gun at my head, and I thought, at least let me be in park so I don't smash my car and break my body into an unrecognizable shape. I want Mo to have something left of me. And just like that, the thought was gone.

And I still didn't want to be home after all this?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Much love darlin, I hope everything starts feeling a bit better!

    ReplyDelete