Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 5: Letter to My Dreams

Yes, I realize it's been a while since I posted. So my 30 days of letters may take a lot longer than that... I will do every single letter eventually, and in order. That being said...

Dear Sophia's Dreamworld,

I've been playing a lot of hidden object games recently. The more I move about in these moody, cyberspace dreamscapes, the more I realize that you are a lot like them. You're dark, you're moody, you're insane, you make no temporal sense. To be honest, if I spent too much time thinking about the things that happen when I'm with you, then I'm certain I would begin to perceive Time as cyclical instead of linear (which, incidentally, works for the Zuni and other Puebloan groups). I have some questions for you:

1. Why do my sex dreams so rarely consist of fucking, but instead have some strange exchange that is somehow symbolic of sex?
2. Are you a reflection of my reality or a representation of my subconcious?
3. Does my Yiayia enter into my dreams, the way I suspect she does?
4. When I have joint dreams with Mo, how the hell does that work, exactly? How is it possible that the two of us could have the same dream at the same time?

Now that I've asked those questions, I'd like to thank you for being so colorful and vibrant. I'd also like to thank you for providing me with night-time entertainment.

Sophia

1 comment: