Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 4: Letter to a sibling

Dear Nicki,

It's sad that we have nothing to talk about. I really wish we did. You don't call me, and you don't answer my calls, so I've given up. Whenever you do talk to me, you make small talk with me, make fun of me, or put me down, especially when you're with your best friend. Do you remember the few times you've met Mo? She's three years older than you are, yet you still act as though she is not as wise or mature as you. To yourself, you are God, timeless, ageless, wise...and I am a peon, everybody is. Does your hurtful and egotistical behavior stem from your apparent need to be needed? Does it bother you that I am self-sufficient and strong? I've ceased being taken aback by just how insufferable you are, though I still find it confusing. How can you be so cold, hard, masculine, uncaring, unnurturing, close-minded, bitchy, unfeeling? Are you afraid of sensation, emotion? I'll close this letter with a segment from an Alannis Morissette song. It sums you up.

"When I'd speak of artistry you would roll your eyes skyward.
When I'd speak of spirituality you would label it absurd.
When I spoke of possibility you would frown and shake your head.
If I had stayed much longer I'd have surely imploded."

Without regret,
Sophia

1 comment:

  1. Really really sad when a sibling is like this. I feel like my little brother is this way too, and it hurts.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete