Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 6: Letter to a Stranger

Dear Stranger,

I haven't noticed many strangers on the street. That's probably because I don't go out much, and when I do, I am distracted. So I'm writing this letter to you -- to any stranger in general.

Whenever I see you and notice you, I always wonder about your life. Are you married? Do you have children? Are you having a good day? Are you an asshole? Then come the self-absorbed questions. Is there any possibility that we would somehow make out under the right circumstances? Would the two of us be friends? Do you like the same things I like?

Then you pass by me, and the moment is gone. It completely dissolves into my brain, like it never existed. Yet, on occasions such as this when I try to recall the experience of seeing you and thinking about you, the moment rematerializes and combines with the current moment.

At this moment, I wonder, will I ever speak to you? Will I ever learn the answers to the questions I have? Or will you always be a stranger?

Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment